Sent by Amanda Ryan
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 796ml/28oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 398ml/14 oz red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups dried green lentils (be sure to pick through them for any non-lentil things)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- diced avocado for garnish, optional
- fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish, optional
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4.5 hours
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. More chili powder can be added if you’d like. Give it a taste test and if you find it can use some more, go ahead and add, 1 tsp at a time.
I added ground Italian sausage (without fennel) from Lunardi’s and a drizzle of Sriracha. You can also add sour cream.